From your new favourite smoothie to a feel-good take on ‘cheesecake’, The Beauty Chef is here to support your summer glow from the inside out.
Whether you’re looking for a fresh way to start the day or a sweet treat to share with friends, these mindful recipes by The Beauty Chef are designed to have you feeling lit from within. Nourishing and restorative, their glow-giving, gut-friendly formulations make for the kind of supercharged support we’re searching for in a season of sun and socialising. As they say, beauty begins in the belly.
Energising ADAPTOGEN Smoothie
Containing The Beauty Chef’s delicious ADAPTOGEN inner beauty elixir—which has been formulated with activated vitamins B6 and B12 to help reduce fatigue, refresh tired-looking skin and recharge your energy—as well as selenium-rich Brazil nuts and zesty lime, this smoothie is the perfect pick-me-up.
¾ cup (180mL) chilled green tea
2 teaspoons ground linseed
½ cup (60g) frozen raspberries
⅓ cup (80mL) milk kefir or unsweetened coconut yoghurt
¼ small-medium ripe avocado
3 Brazil nuts
1 tablespoon ADAPTOGEN Inner Beauty Boost
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
8 mint leaves
½ medjool date
3 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Not only is it easy to make, but with the addition of The Beauty Chef’s GUT PRIMER Inner Beauty Support, this refreshing strawberry sorbet also works to support a healthy digestive system. The restorative powder is rich in soothing ingredients—including slippery elm and milk thistle—which have been traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to help treat leaky gut and repair the delicate gut lining, as well as anti-inflammatory turmeric and zinc which supports skin health and immune function.
250g frozen strawberries
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons GUT PRIMER Inner Beauty Support
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend, scraping down the sides occasionally, until smooth. Note that if you’re not using a high-speed blender, it’s best to thaw the strawberries at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly before blending.
- Serve immediately as a soft sorbet, or freeze for 2–3 hours for a firmer consistency.
- Any remaining sorbet can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 1 month. It freezes hard so either stand at room temperature to soften slightly before serving, or coarsely chop and re-blend in a high-speed blender, until smooth.
NOTE: This can be made as a double batch and frozen in large silicone ice cube moulds. Silicone moulds make it super easy to pop out a small serve as a gut-soothing treat!
THE BEAUTY CHEF
Gut Primer Inner Beauty Support
Mango & Passionfruit ‘Cheesecake’
Treat yourself over summer with this gluten & dairy-free wholefood ‘cheesecake’, supercharged with The Beauty Chef’s ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost.
1/2 cup (75g) raw macadamias
1/2 cup (50g) desiccated coconut
2 Medjool dates, pitted
1 tablespoon coconut oil, warmed
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch Himalayan salt
1/4 cup (60ml) cold water
4 teaspoons grass-fed powdered gelatine
1/2 cup (125ml) full fat coconut cream
1 cup (150g) raw cashews, soaked in cold water overnight
1 medium-large ripe mango, flesh cut away from the stone & coarsely chopped (approx 300g of flesh)
1/4 cup (60ml) ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost
1 lime, zest finely grated & juiced
2 tablespoons coconut oil, warmed
1 tablespoon maple syrup, or to taste
2 tablespoons cold water
1 1/ 2 teaspoons grass-fed powdered gelatine
6 passionfruit, plus extra 3 to serve
2 tablespoons ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Lightly grease and line the base and sides of a 16cm springform tin with baking paper.
- To prepare the base, spread the macadamias onto a small tray and roast for 5–10 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Place the cooled macadamias and the remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend to combine and coarsely chop the macadamias. The macadamias should still have some texture. Press into the base of the prepared tin. Smooth over with the back of a spoon to compact down. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until set firm.
- To prepare the mango filling, pour the water into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over the surface in an even layer. Set aside for 10 minutes, to soften.
- Gently heat the coconut cream in a small saucepan, until hot. Add the softened gelatine and stir to combine. Set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent from setting.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Combine the cashews, cooled gelatine cream and remaining ingredients in a high-speed food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the base. Tap the base firmly on the bench to remove any air bubbles. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until beginning to set.
- To prepare the passionfruit topping, pour the water into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over the surface in an even layer. Set aside for 10 minutes, to soften.
- Scoop out the passionfruit pulp and strain through a fine-mesh sieve. You should end up with approximately 100ml of passionfruit juice. Discard the seeds.
- Gently heat the passionfruit juice in a small saucepan, until hot. Add the softened gelatine and stir to combine. Set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent from setting.
- Add ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost to the cooled passionfruit mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour over the cheesecake filling. Refrigerate for a further 2 hours, or until completely set.
- Slice and serve drizzled with passionfruit pulp
Vegetarian version – omit the gelatine and freeze at each stage to set.
Remove from the refrigerator for 10–15 minutes, (depending on the temperature of the room) to soften slightly before serving.
Cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.