Shortcut with our David Jones Tagliatelle, or make your own handmade pasta with broccolini, almonds mint and goats curd.
Prep time 45 mins.
Cook time 5 mins
1 cup David Jones Extra Virgin Olive oil
½ cup each mint and flat-leaf parsley
¼ cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
2 tbsp David Jones Roasted Almonds, plus extra, coarsely chopped, to serve
1 garlic clove
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon, juice of ½ or to taste
1 bunch broccolini
150g goats curd or ricotta
2 1/3 cups (350g) plain flour
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp David Jones Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ tsp sea salt
1. To make the pasta dough, mound the flour on a work surface and make a large well in the centre. Add eggs, yolk, oil and salt to the well and whisk with a fork to break up the eggs.
Use the fork to mix in a circular motion, gradually bringing flour from the inner walls of the well into the centre. Continue mixing until all the flour is incorporated into a shaggy dough.
Knead for 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Roll dough into a cylinder, wrap in plastic wrap and rest for 1 hour.
2. Cut pasta dough into 6 pieces and work with one piece at a time, keeping the others wrapped. Roll on a well-floured surface, turning and flouring the dough occasionally, to form a long, thin sheet of pasta. Flour well on both sides, then accordion-fold into a 5cm wide piece (this makes it easier to cut).
Use a well-floured knife to cut strips as desired then unroll and dust with flour. Place in a pile on a lightly floured tray while you repeat with the remaining dough.
3. Combine olive oil, herbs, parmesan, almonds, garlic and rind in a food processor and pulse until herbs are finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Bring a large saucepan of well-salted water to the boil. Add broccolini, cook for 1-2 minutes until bright green. Remove with tongs, refresh under cold water and drain well. Pulse in the food processor until finely chopped. Add to herb mixture along with lemon juice, stir to combine.
5. Add pasta to a saucepan of boiling water, stir well and cook for 3-4 minutes or until al dente. Remove from the water with tongs and add to the broccolini mixture. Toss to combine and serve topped with a dollop of goats curd, and extra parmesan and almonds.